Awards and Recognition
• Recipient of a Pittsburgh Creativity Project award, funded by the Heinz Endowments
• Individual SURG grant received from Carnegie Mellon University
• Worked closely with the mayor’s office of events, city council, and other city government departments during employment with Pittsburgh’s CitiParks Special Events department.
o Assisted in the production of the 2008 Great Race, engaging 10,000 participants.
o Secured sponsorships and donations for the Great Race fund, with a budget of $250,000.
o Budgeted and booked the 2009 season of Bach, Beethoven & Brunch, also other events.
o Planned and implemented the return of the Pittsburgh Marathon.
o Coordinated last minute events at least once a month, regular and unique events year-round.
• Assisted in the operations of the acclaimed Pittsburgh International Children’s Theater Festival.
o Assisted in talent negotiations for the Kid’s Stage during the 2008 and 2010 festivals.
o Invited to take over the Director of Operations position for the 2011 presentation.
• Served as Program Director and Technical Director for Your Inner Vagabond from 2007 – 2009.
o Produced 2-5 events per week, including the grand opening, which engaged 500+ people.
o Partnered with non-profit organization to present artists from Bulgaria and Serbia.
o Developed critically acclaimed monthly and weekly events, including the Globalista Jams.
• Conceptually developed and implemented plans for Jalsah middle-eastern music and dance events.
o This event has been touring the eastern United States since 2005.
• Partnered with non-profit organization to produce benefit for victims of hurricane Katrina.
o Raised over $1,000 for Common Ground, despite two feet of snowfall the night of the event.
o Directed the stage show, with donated performances including dance, comedy, music.
o Secured sponsorships from a dozen supporters and physical donations from 15 visual artists.
• Engineered sound for venues including Mr. Smalls, the Kelly-Strayhorn Theatre, Shadow Lounge.
• Coordinated the development of poetry and live music nights at Té Café.
• Hosted a series of six house concerts in my home from 2009-2010.
• Student-faculty liaison for Carnegie Mellon’s senior exhibit at the Regina Gouger Miller Gallery.
• Developed Your Inner Vagabond into an award-winning performance space within one year.
o Worked with owners on pre-opening conceptual development, business plans, permitting.
o Developed and implemented strategic plans, marketing campaigns, public relations.
o Managed talent buying, budget, calendar for performance space.
o Hired and trained assistants.
o Procured visual art from local artists for gallery space.
• Manager, Sam Goody record store locations plus independent music store Off the Record.
o Awarded Employee of the Month at Sam Goody multiple times.
o Acted as the youngest key holder at all four stores.
o Hired and trained employees, delegated tasks amongst staff, managed 5-20 employees.
o Responsible for accounting, budgeting, creating displays, inventory, loss prevention, etc.
• Business Manager for several performing arts groups.
o Received four write-ups, radio play for Between Liberties debut CD; Sold-out release party.
o Co-founded Steel Town Fire and the affiliated Pittsburgh Fire Arts collective.
• Negotiated all contracts, choreographed and developed audio for most performances.
• Administered press for venues, artists and organizations, garnering over 50 published articles.
Fundraising and Grants
o Raised over $3,000 from 80 individual donations for solo album, $750 additional in-kind support.
o Negotiated over $3,000 worth of in-kind donations for Between Liberties’ debut album.
o Individually received a SURG grant from Carnegie Mellon for a performance art project.
o Created video ad for City of Pittsburgh’s Parks & Recreation department.
o Administered support for Greater Pittsburgh Art Council’s Business Volunteer for Arts program.
o Volunteered administrative assistance, marketing consultation, event support for WYEP, Pittsburgh.
o Sat on the event planning board for the Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council’s Work of Art Awards.
o Donated well over 100 hours to Pittsburgh’s performing and visual artists.
o Created press kits, consistent marketing materials and publicity campaigns.
o Developed technical riders; generally advanced planning for over two-dozen artists’ careers.
o Donated a minimum of twenty musical performances per year since 2006 to charity events.
Teaching and Public Speaking
o Taught Improvisation to public school students through percussion and visual art.
o Taught weekly dance classes through the YMCA, on-site at Highmark and Mellon Bank.
o Facilitated two corporate workshops entitled “Stretching and Dancing for Health and Happiness”.
o Panel speaker for Creative Careers Pittsburgh interactive workshops.
o Published 4 feature articles for Broker Agent Magazine in less than one year.
o Maintained several blogs since 2001; additional publications on industry blogs
o Compiled poetry manuscript for publication.
o Awarded a Sparrowgrass Poetry Award.
o Published in Paper Street Press, The Susquehanna Review, OBJT, various online publications.
Performing Arts, Design and Visual Art
o Performed with Kirik Hava, Moquette Volante and an Iranian music ensemble.
o Played for the Turkish Cultural Center’s annual gala, Chatham College World Focus year, the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust’s gala, Clean Water Action, other cultural functions.
o Created works as a principal member of 9 total musical groups since 2005.
o Co-choreographed dance performances with 5 groups.
o Created and installed 6 multi-media performance art installations.
o Master of Ceremonies for a festival, book release, several open mic nights, poetry readings.
o Performed at the August Wilson Center, The Benedum, Mr. Smalls, and other landmark spaces.
o Designed materials for CMU’s Student Reading Series.
o Developed a visual theme for each event, working closely with faculty and students.
o Developed content and designed 14-page program for Katrina benefit.
o Displayed visual artwork at several galleries, garnering press for installation at Future Tennant.
o Awarded Excellence in Photography from Dana Hall School.
o Received press for over 15 performances and artworks.
Additional Technical Proficency
o Filemaker, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office suite, iLife suite, ProTools, Final Cut, etc.
o Published at least seven websites since 2005, on Dreamweaver, iWeb and WordPress.
Carnegie Mellon University, BFA in Fine Art May, 2005
Dana Hall Preparatory School, High School Diploma June, 2001